The TR6 was arguably the last of the real Triumph Roadsters (TR) and built on a separate chassis. Based on its highly regarded predecessor the TR5, it shares the same powerful straight six 2498cc engine with a petrol-fuel injection system, which developed up to 150 bhp and carried a restyled body designed by Karmann. Capable of 0-60 mph in just over 8 seconds which was quite respectable for a sports car of that period.
This TR6 sits on period wire wheels and is the earlier CP model (referring to the chassis number) with the 150 bhp engine and a 4-speed overdrive gearbox (the most desirable model). Imported to Jersey in 1980 from the UK, it subsequently underwent considerable restoration work over the years and now drives as it should.
Get those flared trousers on, unbutton your shirt to the waist, find that gold medallion and rock back to the 70’s!
- 6 cylinders petrol injected (unleaded).
- 2498 cc developing 150 bhp.
- 4 speed gearbox with overdrive.
- 2 seater with inertia reel seat belts.
- Rack and pinion steering.
- Old English White, black interior and a walnut dash.
- Easily retractable hood and wind up windows.
- Good sized luggage compartment.
- This is a powerful car so please drive with care and remember Jersey speed limits of 15 mph, 20 mph, 30 mph and a maximum of 40 mph apply.
- For open-top motoring please remember a hat, scarf and even some sunscreen.
- No power steering is fitted and with a front mounted engine it takes a bit of effort for tight parking.
- Please refer to hire terms and conditions regarding mechanical damage.
Tariffs and Book