MGB GT V8
Designed by Pininfarina, the MGB GT Coupe first appeared in 1965 however it was not until 1973 that MG began offering the MGB GT with a lightweight 3528 cc V8 engine. This engine was first fitted to the Rover P5B and was 40lbs lighter than the 4 cylinder 1800cc unit fitted to the standard car. The MGB GT V8 was warmly received by the automotive press, however only 2591 cars were produced until production stopped in 1976 mainly due to the high price tag MG asked for the car. Performance was crisp with a 0-60mph time of 7.7 seconds and a top speed of 125mph.
This MGB GT V8 was supplied new in Jersey to a local surgeon who cherished the car for the majority of its 40 year lifespan. It is a low mileage very original example, always garaged and always well maintained. Finished in its original colour called Mirage and believed to be one of only 17 vehicles manufactured in this colour. We have recently re-awakened the car and worked through it after many a year spent sleeping in a cosy garage and with very little use.
This is a motor car in time warp condition that is an absolute pleasure to drive.
- 8 cylinders fed by two petrol (unleaded) carburettors.
- 3528 cc developing 137bhp.
- 4 speed gearbox with overdrive.
- 2 seats with inertia real belts & occasional 3rd seat at rear.
- Rack and pinion steering.
- Mirage with black velour interior.
- Period radio cassette player.
- Good luggage space.
- This car is powerful, so please take care especially in wet weather otherwise you will end up looking at where you have been rather than where you are going!
- Please drive with care and remember Jersey speed limits of 15 mph, 20 mph, 30 mph and a maximum of 40 mph apply.
- When engaging the electric overdrive please use the clutch and more importantly switch it off before engaging reverse gear otherwise it may lock up and damage could occur.
- Please refer to hire terms and conditions regarding mechanical damage.
Tariffs and Book
For costings see Tariff B on chart below Table for tariffs (see pdf)
Book (number plate as per camper hire web site)